Friday 22 July 2011

Valley of ex-emotions!

 Einstein's theory tells us that "Energy can neither be created,nor be destroyed. It can only be converted from one form to another". I am an astrophysicist whose whole belief system revolves around that theory. And love,of course is undoubtedly a form of energy. So really,where does all that energy vanish when you get out of a relationship with someone? What happens to all the love that you had for that person?

I don't buy the theory that it goes to the next boyfriend/girlfriend. Mainly because I don't believe that you can just fall out of love with someone and then fall in love with someone else instantaneously. So do we store up all that love to lavish it on the next person whom we think is the one or do we just convert it into those other emotions that accompany the break up like hurt,anger,depression,bitterness and thus expend it? 

I believe that all the physical strength that God did not create women with, He gave them in term of mental strength and emotional maturity. Perhaps that is why it is relatively easier for women to move on from a disastrous relationship than men. We are perhaps more pragmatic and therefore,more practical. But then there are those men who can just move from woman to woman at the drop of a hat. These are the so called 'players',emotionally stunted boys,in the garb of men,who care about none other than themselves. It all sounds so confusing to me,because I have met both kinds of them...the ones who take time to move on and the ones who don't. It leads me to wonder...is it that one of the two people in the relationship,irrespective of whether it is the man or woman has to either get married or learn a lesson,while the other can just move on into the arms of the next man/woman standing? It definitely is worth  a thought.


3 comments:

  1. Ummm you are right in these terms. but just calling guys as players is not fair. Few weeks i knew a gal who i loved from bottom of my heart. She played such an amazing game to fool me and get rid of me to be with another man that im still shell shocked. And too add spice she kisses me on last day while she is sleeping around with another man. lol What would you call that type of a gal? The last i heard they are on a cruise. No emotions from her. I think player nature goes across the board. gals and guys all come with different emotions. I know guys who are decent and gals who change bfs as fast as one breathes.

    I also believed in what you said, like one has to learn a lesson and the other has to move on in the arms of next person. And i thought the same thing. but i refuse to accept my fate of learning lesson or suffer for someone who is so cheap in character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in falling out of love either.
    Nicely put. :-)

    PS:- Thanks for dropping by at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe in falling out of love. I think it totally happens. There are times, when one changes at a faster rate than the other ..and that's when there comes a time when you can't connect with your partner the way you used to. This is when people grow out of each other and falling out of love is inevitable because the reason why you fell in love at the first place, doesn't stand true anymore.

    But yes, falling out of love and being with someone the very next instant does raise a few eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete