Saturday 16 July 2011

My Happy place...

I've been like a  ghost haunting one of my friends' place for a few days. Her place reminds me a lot of my first room in Pune. 

It was in an apartment owned by a very old,quite mad lady. It spelt home for only about six months...Except for the crankiness of the land lady,it was my 'favouritest' of all my Pune apartments. The best thing about the room was the balcony. I used to sit there night by night watching people...There was an IT Park next to it,and a bigger one at about 20 minutes distance and a couple of industries nearby, so the little road in front was always bustling with action...The call centre cabs,techies who live nearby walking home,the hails and shouts from the rickshaw stand...I used to just sit there and take it all in...During the day,especially when it rained,I would sit there with a cup of tea and watch the huge tamarind tree in the compound glisten with diamond drops while the kids from the play school downstairs hollered at the top of their voices....I still remember the colour of their uniforms...Feels like that was all a hundred years ago...if only I could be sucked into a time warp and return to those days once again...

This was just a little more than 5 years ago...when I first set out to face the world on my own with rosy dreams in my eyes. I remember that girl only too clearly. But I also realise that I am light years different from her now. While I don't resent it,I wish,I just wish that I could be that girl once more...

P.S- Well, I really must be getting older,I'm definitely getting mushier...lol ;)

2 comments:

  1. lol... i liked the last line,,, :) its still possible to be that same old girl. just try...

    ReplyDelete