Monday 22 April 2013

Random thoughts!!!

(1) When the most important person in your life turns into someone you used to know,how are you supposed to cope with that? Do you just accept it and move on, or do you try to integrate him/her  into your life with a new designation? I have been battling with these questions for a few days now. It would seem that people from my past have shown up at my door in a thoroughly unsettling manner and I have no idea whatsoever how to deal with them.

(2) There is a voice inside you that always tries to stop you when you are about to do something exceedingly foolish. We call it the conscience or inner voice. Often it sounds like someone close to you, like a parent or a best friend. It is your instinct and intuition speaking from within you. For reasons still unknown, they are, more often than not, right. Still we don't consider it necessary to listen to it objectively. That might indeed be the greatest flaw of our race.

(3) The Kubler-Ross model defines grief to consist of 5 stages- Denial,Anger,Bargaining,Depression and Acceptance. According to her, every individual who experiences a severe loss goes through these 5 stages. I  find that I heartily disagree with this. I am unable to accept the fact that other than the synaptic patterns, there could be a generalisation on the way human minds work. I have always felt that different people deal with different emotions in their own specific fashion. So it seems inconceivable to me that everyone deals with grief in a similar way. I do not aim to undermine the research people have conducted over the years about these things. I am simply unable to wrap my head around it.



P:S- I realise that these points have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I am not entirely sure they make sense in themselves. I think I am experiencing a surge of words who are trying to fall over each other as they come out. Also,it probably means that I have finally lost it!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment