Wednesday 6 June 2012

When Candy became a Mrs :)


One of my best friends got married yesterday. When I would think about her marriage some twenty years yonder,it would probably seem like a blur. It all happened too fast,the betrothal,the whirlwind courtship over skype,the engagement and finally the wedding. I hadn't exactly given much thought to all this even when we were cozied up in her room for the  Bachelorette party. During our outings the days before the wedding, Capricious kept saying, "Fuck man,Candy is getting married!!!(Oh btw,that is our little group,Candy,Capricious,Sweetheart and me)". It just didn't sink in,till I saw her standing at the altar...I don't even know how to describe what I felt at that time. My eyes threatened to well up and embarrass me,which they thought the better of,thankfully.....


I think there was more to it than just a best friend getting married. It was doubly unreal because it was her. The rest of us have changed a lot during the 8 years or so that we have been friends. But Candy still retained a sense of innocence and general wonderment at life from her school days. For all her growing up physically,she was still a kid at heart. And now,she was entering a new walk of life and moving away,like for good...It is all rather overwhelming.


When I think of her,I remember a girl in a grey pinafore with pigtails,perhaps that will be the image of hers that I will carry in my mind forever. I watched her enter like a Princess and glow into beauty like a Queen as she became a Mrs. I wish her all the happiness in the world. I am sure that for someone as clear hearted as Candy, only good things will happen,now and forever. :) 



1 comment: