Wednesday 24 August 2011

On saying Bye Bye London...

Finally it's time to go home,after a year of sabbatical. More studies,work...I dunno what is in store next. A friend asked me whether I wasn't sad to leave some place where I have lived for almost two years now,made memories... I said to him that variety is the essence of life right, so why be sad about it...I'll go to a new place now and make new memories...

I am sad to leave London...but then so was I to leave Pune...and to leave home before that...I have had a great time here...had a lot of experiences-great,good,bad and ugly- met a lot of truly wonderful people and as he had said...made memories,which will last longer than lifetimes...I am equally happy at the thought of going home after a long time,of the thought of celebrating an Onam at home after 5 years...I am terrified about going to a whole new place,meeting a lot of new people,try to fit in...do all that dance all over yet again...I am excited about the prospect of not knowing what tomorrow might bring...So basically,I have no clue what I am feeling,I am in a daze caused by a multitude of emotions.

I haven't even started packing yet. My room mate just gave me grief about that. I hate packing...not only because it is a lot of work,also because it has a finality of sorts...It brings you to a point from where there is no immediate return...

I hate goodbyes...I am dreading the possibility of saying goodbye to London...We have been in a relationship for almost 2 years now...and have been faithful to each other (mostly,that is, because I did slip and go visit a few places in between,though not many...lol)...And now it is over,at least for the time being. Maybe we will pick up where we left off one of these days...Here's to London and me...and all the good times we had...and all the bad times we had :) 

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about the same thing today - saying goodbye. Wherever you go, whatever you do, here's to You and your amazing future; and I hope we'll cross our paths once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) well...three good byes and four places later,i guess it is safe to say that our paths are criss-cross...they would keep meeting again and again ;)

    p.s:thanx :D x

    ReplyDelete