Thursday 23 February 2012

Why....

I go through life,with a plastic smile,
One that belies all that I am,
All that I want,and all that I have...
It is like a bad habit I cling to for life,
For I think
That this facade is all I have left,of life...

Restlessness is the way it is now,
My eyes don't sleep with me,
My shadow doesn't walk by me...
I who was one with the crowd once
Find myself alone in the midst now...
Every day is a nightmare,
Every moment,a burden....

What keeps me going are those moments
When I think thoughts of you...
I turn those pages to feel you again
To melt into your words,
To get lost in your scent,
To be yours again.....

Perhaps our paths weren't meant to meet,
But they did...
They were one for a while....
Then they parted again...
My lips pout in lament just this once...
Why did they have to come close,
Just to go away again....
Why did you have to come to me
Just to leave again....Why......




No comments:

Post a Comment